Saturday, January 14, 2012

California Pizza Kitchen - Revisited

It has been a while since I have gone to California Pizza Kitchen at Memorial City in Houston.  A year ago they had a different menu, a different cook and their food was decent.  However, with the economy being the way it has been, it is understandable that cutbacks and changes would have to be made.  The few times  my husband and I have gone back, the tacos were heated and not grilled so the meat was chewy.  The salad was made with mostly the end parts of the lettuce and was hard to eat.  Last night was the last straw.  I ordered the pea soup and it was watery and tasted like dish detergent.  Management apologized and asked if I wanted to order something different.  We were on a time crunch to see a movie and I really was in no mood to try something else and possibly be disappointed yet again.  The positive side to this was that we were not charged for the soup, but I was fed up and resorted to eating a hot dog at the movie theater instead.  That was just ridiculous.  We have given our time, patience, loyalty and money to this restaurant on too many occasions.  Personally, I have had enough.  I am not putting down all franchises of California Pizza Kitchen, but the one at Memorial City has literally put a "bad" taste in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment