Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cocaine Blues



Cocaine Blues (don't let the title scare you) by Kerry  Greenwood is a delightful and adventure filled series starring the Honourable Phryne (pronounced Fry-nee) Fisher.  She can fly a plane and has worked in the Great War.  She left England and started her life over in Melbourne, Australia where she is now a lady detective.  The time period is the late 1920's.  There are a cast of characters that bring color and life to her adventures.  Bert and Cec, heavy men for Phryne and cab drivers, Dot her personal assistant and a host of other characters that are introduced later throughout the series. The Phryne character can be a little risque at times.  Readers who are sensitive to women choosing their own way of thinking may think twice before reading this series.  The books are lighthearted, fun and a quick read.  If you are looking for something to relax the mind between classes or other stresses in your life, then by all means try out this series by Kerry Greenwood.  Cocaine Blues is this first book in the series.

You can find this book by clicking on the links below:

http://www.murderbythebook.com/

http://www.amazon.com/

2 comments:

  1. For some reason when I read this review I thought of a female Sherlock Holmes. :)

    I usually don't get into series, but this does sound like it'd be an interesting read. How many books are in this series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun series. I usually read them when I am in school. It relaxes my mind. So far there are 17 in the series and they were published back in 2005 and there are new ones out. I never thought of it as a Sherlock Holmes, but I guess if I think about it, it would be. Great observation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete